Skip to content
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
This is a Permanent Visa. It means that skilled workers who have relevant qualification and experience can apply for this visa, if granted then it allows the applicant to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
There are some eligibility requirements which has to be met before applying for this visa.
1) You will be required an Invitation to Apply from Department Of Immigration before you apply for this visa.
2) Your Occupation must in the Skilled Occupation List and have your qualification and work experience assessed by the relevant assessment body.
3) This is a point-based visa. So you will be required to score at least 60 points to be eligible. But it is highly recommended that you must score as much as possible to be selected.
4) Another very important requirement for this visa is Age. A candidate can apply for this visa if they are under 50 years of age at the time of ITA. A candidate gets more points if they are under 30 years of age at the time of Invitation.
5) English language requirement is a crucial part of this visa subclass. To be able to apply for this visa, you need at least 6 band score in IELTS General. You must achieve 6 in each component (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
Please remember, 6 bands will only make you eligible to apply but it does not give you any point. So in order to get points, the applicant must achieve at least 7 bands overall and no band less than 7 in each of the component.
6) There are some health and character requirements as well. Health requirements can be met through Health examination conducted by Designated doctor panel. Where Character requirements can be met by providing your country’s police certificate/character certificate.
Create an online account and submit Expression Of Interest (EOI)
After Submitting an online application (EOI) for this visa, the candidate will have to wait until they receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the Department of Immigration.
In the third step, where a candidate is waiting for the ITA, in that time, we advise our client to gather all the documents which they mention in the Expression Of Interest profile.
When a candidate received Invitation to Apply (ITA) from Immigration Department, they will have only 60 days to apply or respond to that Invitation. If they don’t apply for the visa within 60 days, then this ITA will be canceled. Then a candidate needs to submit a new EOI
This Visa application processes in 4 – 6 months. But Sometimes It can go longer if there is any document missing or any clarification required from the candidate.
Upon Successful Visa
This visa allows you and your family members who are invited to stay indefinitely in Australia. Also, can enroll in any course or study any degree program. This visa also gives you rights to sponsor your blood relatives. Last but not the least, it will give you chance to become a citizen of this beautiful country after spending some time there.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Skilled Nominated Visa is a permanent visa like Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189). But the main difference between these two is that: A state or Territory will nominate you only then you will be able to apply for this visa.
You will be required a Nomination from Australian Government or Territory to apply for this visa type.
Must have an invitation from Immigration department.
Your Occupation must be in Skilled Occupation List.
Get your Qualification and work experience from designated assessment body.
Should get at least 60 points to be eligible to apply.
Your age should be less than 50 when you apply
Demonstrate that you have competent level of English
Before you apply for this visa category, you have to check whether you are meeting the minimum points criteria.
You must have to score minimum 60 points to be eligible, but if you want to succeed then score as many points as possible to be selected from the pool.
You must get your assessment from the relevant assessment authority. It should be done before submitting an EOI
After meeting the minimum criteria of 60 points, and receive a positive assessment and meeting English language requirements, it’s time to submit an Expression Of Interest (EOI)
EOI is an online application system, used to apply for Immigration or some other visas.
Now, submitting an EOI successfully, your next step will be waiting for an Invitation to Apply (ITA). If you receive ITA from Immigration Department, then you will only have 60 days to apply for the visa.
If you don’t do it in 60 days, then second and final ITA will be sent to you and this time if you don’t apply for the visa, you ITA will be canceled.
In addition, Expression of Interest (EOI) will also be removed from the skill select online system.
In most cases, the process time for this visa type is 7 months from the day the applicant applied for the visa.
If you granted a visa, you will have the following benefits:
You can stay in Australia for an indefinite time
You can work and study in any state, any college/University in Australia
Once you arrive in Australia, you should Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses as soon as possible.
One of the best advantages of having this visa is you can sponsor your relatives for permanent residence
Can entry or exit from Australia as many times as you like for the period of five years
Last but not the least, you can apply for citizenship after spending a couple of years in Australia.